There is one thing we can’t get enough of in this house. OK, maybe several things. But one of them is popsicles! I can pull my son away from just about anything he’s doing if I say, “Hey, do you want to make popsicles?” He’ll ask for help dragging over his Learning Tower (a wood stool that can enable him to hop up and be at the same level as the kitchen counter).
Whenever we go to an Indian restaurant, which is kind of often, my son eagerly asks for a mango lassi. We’ve made yogurt popsicles before, but I realized recently that we’ve been missing out by not making mango lassi popsicles, or even the smoothies themselves.
If you are a mango lassi addict like we are, here is a simple recipe for making popsicles.
- 2 mangos, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk, coconut milk, or other alternative milk
- 2 T honey, rapadura, or regular sugar
- pinch of cardamum if you like it (my hubby didn’t care for this addition)
Give the mangos a whirl in the blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into your popsicle molds.
If you have small popsicle molds like we do, you’ll have just enough smoothie leftover for two small glasses to enjoy over ice. Yum.
- The Happy To Create products used in this layout include:
- Awesome Kid Midi Kit
- ScrapHappy Dynamic Brushes Midi: Paintstroke EH01
- ScrapHappy Dynamic Brushes Midi: Spray Paint EH01
- ScrapHappy Brushes Maxi: Painted Alpha
- ScrapHappy Brushes Maxi: Paint Stroke
- Summer Vacation Maxi Kit
- RSVP Maxi Kit
- ScrapHappy Embellishment Templates Midi: 1776 Photo Masks
- ScrapHappy Embellishment Templates Maxi: Torn Canvas 2
- ScrapHappy Embellishment Templates Midi: Fancy Paste
- Chalk Talk Font